Club Secretaries' Responsibilities
The secretary should control all administration within the club and there are a number of duties that go along with this:
- Regularly check the Club email account and respond to all emails in a polite and efficient manner. Distribute emails to the relevant person on your committee to deal with.
- Check the club's pigeon hole in the AU on a regular basis
- Send the AU a list of paid up club members after the sports fayre - a date will be set by the AU Secretary for this and it will be communicated to you
- Send the AU a list of any external members that would like to join the club for the academic year. The AU will then decide whether to grant them permission or not.
- In September, ensure that a list of any home fixtures or competitions that you play in addition to BUCS or SSS is submitted to the AU office. Make sure whenever there is a change to this list that everybody is updated. Please note that all BUCS and SSS games take precedent over any other friendlies or competitions.
- Liaise with the Student Sport Development Manager regarding facility bookings.
- Take minutes of all committee meetings and keep them stored in case the AU ever need to see them.
- Take minutes of the AGM and submit these to the AU President (along with your annual report) and circulate to all club members.