Hi everyone!I hope you all had a great time at Sinners Sport last night - thanks to Hannah and everyone at the Union who helped organise it! There are a few important messages this week so please be sure to have a quick read through them, and pass on the information to your committee.
1. President’s Message from China
Hey everyone, or should I say "Ni hao"!
Hope you're not hanging too badly over after what I am sure was another successful, and eventful(!), Sinners Sport - I look forward to the pictures going up on Facebook :D
I hope everything is going smoothly in my absence; I'm extremely grateful to my fellow colleagues in the AU who have kindly agreed to commit considerable time in covering for me, thus allowing me to compete in the World Champs. I am sure you all appreciate the hard work they're putting in for you :-)
Tomorrow kick starts England's journey through the Korfball World Championships with our first match versus Poland. Here's hoping the Saints pre-season, Monday and Thursday circuits and all those S&C sessions pay some dividends!
Keep working hard, stay up to date with all your admin, and Reading Week will soon be here for *some* well earned rest.
Saints Sport love,
2. Facility Cancellations
Just a wee reminder that there are quite a few upcoming cancellations due to events and maintenance going on at the Sports Centre. Please stay informed through the booking cancellations Google Document shared with all clubs.
3. Reminder of Procedures Until Monday 7th November
- · Fixtures: Elaine (email@example.com) will be the main contact in the AU for fixture issues/queries whilst Andrew is away. Please do appreciate that she is taking on a considerable additional workload when making any fixture requests.
- · Mobile Contact: Andrew will not be contactable by phone. Neil will have the President’s mobile during this time, he will be acting AU President in St Andrews in my absence. Neil will deal with any requests/issues via phone where possible, or direct on to the relevant persons.
- · Emails: Andrew has limited access to emails in China. Whilst he is trying to respond to the majority of emails, please do not expect immediate replies, especially on the less urgent matters.
- · Other Club Matters: Please note that Rona will available in the office as per normal (Monday to Friday); please direct any club issues to her where possible (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- · Cars must be returned at time stated on CMP.
- · Cars should always have a full tank when collecting them and should also be left with a full tank after use.
- · It is essential that you book transport 7 - 10 days advance, failure to do so will result in your transport request not going through.
- · When booking a coach please can you make sure your write in the additional requirements, they time you need picked up from Gateway, where it is exactly that you are going and what time you need picked up from your destination.
5. Sports Centre Memberships
Please remember that everyone who uses Sports Centre facilities, including pitches, is required to have a Sports Centre membership. The fees collected from memberships go directly back into maintaining facilities and running student sport so it is essential you ensure all of your club have paid.
6. Accident/Incident Report Forms
There has been some confusion with these, to clarify:
Any Accident/Incident which takes place during a club session needs to be reported on an Accident/Incident Report form (available in AU Office or CMP) and handed into the office. This is whether the Incident took place in St Andrews, at an away fixture, or on a trip or tour.
Any Accident/Incident which takes place at the Sports Centre or on the sports fields should also be reported to Sports Centre Reception.
We are aware this seems like needless bureaucracy, and we are working on combining the process into a single form, however to do this we must go through the University’s Health and Safety group so for now both forms must be submitted.
7. The Scottish Varsity Game
The Inaugural Scottish Varsity game between University of St Andrews RFC and Edinburgh University RFC will take place on St Andrews Day, Nov 30th hosted by London Scottish RFC in West London.
For more information see the facebook event.
8. Bubble TV Trick Shot Video
Bubble TV are looking to film a trick shots video for the Athletic Union (google search trick shots for some examples!). This is open to all clubs and would great to see as many as possible getting involved. If you are interested in taking part please email email@example.com!
9. Calling all clubs keen for an adventure
We have received a message from the Expedition society asking if you would be able to pass the following message on in an email to your members. It sounds like a really great event which lots of your members would be keen to participate in.
On the last weekend of reading week (Nov 12-13th) the Expedition Society are organising a "Microadventure". Basically you have 36h to have an adventure out of St Andrews, travelling for free (kayak, bike, hitch, walk etc.). You must spend one night sleeping outside and on return, present your trip using a video, short written report or photo article. We have over £200 worth of prizes for the best microadventures, so get you thinking caps on!
For more information join the facebook group and attend the info evening - Tuesday 1st Nov, 7.30pm, School 1
That's all for now, best of luck to all the Saints teams with fixtures or competitions coming up this week!