posted 16 Feb 2012, 18:36 by Ben Peddie
updated 21 Feb 2012, 11:53
Hope you're all having a fantastic RAG week and have placed loads of donations in my RAG bucket at the union...its the only way you'll see me gunged at the Disney bop on Friday! Speaking of RAG week celebrations, what a fantastic Sinners last night - great job Neil, Ents and the RAG team. Special congratulations this week go to Men's Fencing for an outstanding 135 - 68 win against Loughborough, and to the Blue Angels dance team for a stellar performance last weekend picking up numerous medals!
Loads of info this week, so without any further ado on to the Bulletins:
- Fixtures: All fixture rearrangements are now to be done through the fixture rearrangement form, found on the CMP homepage. These requests will now be dealt with by Elaine - Fixtures and Administration Manager.
- AU Design and Photography Officer replacement: Regrettably, Hannah has had to step down as Design and Publicity Officer. We are currently looking into appointing a replacement for the coming months. If you would be interested, please email email@example.com by Thursday 23rd Feb (interviews hope to take place on 24/02). A brief overview of the position is outlined below:
Club Membership Lists: Can all secretaries ensure their club membership lists (in Google Docs) are up to date for Semester 2.Green Week: Green Week is rapidly approaching (starting Saturday 25th Feb). Watch out for the Facebook event detailing how you and your club can help generate energy and raise awareness through the Saints Sport Cycletricity.Take That Photos: Just a preliminary keep-the-date-free notification that Take That Photos should be coming to St Andrews on Friday 4th May to take individual club photos and an AU club Presidents' photo. More info and sign-up to follow.Driving info:
- Visual output for Saints Sport: posters, flyers, web graphics
- Responsible for the integrity of the Saints Sport brand
- In charge of photography of University sport
- Responsible for filming and editing footage to promote Saints Sport
- Voting position on the Athletic Union Executive, making decisions which affect all aspects of sport
- Using ideas and initiative to help promote Saints Sport
All equipment is provided by the Athletic Union, although media experience is required
Sports Reunion Invites: We are organising a large sports alumni event in June. There will be tours of the Sports Centre, a barbecue, dinner and plenty of sport! Could all clubs with Facebook groups who are willing to send out 'save the dates' and invitations to their alumni over Facebook contact firstname.lastname@example.org.Class Gift Video: The Class Gift Committee are currently making a video about what students are going to miss most about St Andrews in order to raise money for their 2012 campaign (which primarily funds scholarships, but also sport). It would be great to get some sports clubs onto the video, so if you've got 5-10mins to spare and would love to get involved please email email@example.com.
- Unfortunately the AU will run no more driving tests after this week for this academic year.
- Fife Police are offering the Pass Plus driving course for only £20 (usually £170) for those who register before March (and have passed their test in the past three years). The course involves taking four driving lessons in various conditions - motorway, night time, bad weather etc. If interested please contact Elaine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Safety talk/Highway Code - Fife Police are offering this talk for foreign drivers. Again, if interested please contact Elaine (email@example.com).
Enjoy the rest of RAG...will hopefully see you for some gunging action at the Disney bop this Friday.
With muchos Saints Sport love,