posted 15 Mar 2012, 20:52 by Ben Peddie
updated 23 Mar 2012, 03:44
It's a new day, a new dawn and new set of elections. Please do remember to vote (Thursday and Friday this week), which can be done electronically through links on the Your Union website (see below).
This week it gives me great honour in giving a massive congratulations to the Korfball Club for gaining silver medals at the BUCS Championships last weekend - what a fantastic achievement! Fencing, Volleyball and Tennis also see Saints heading down to Sheffield for further BUCS Championships and Trophy competitions; best of luck to them all. And finally, Wednesday of next week sees Men's Hockey 1sts, Women's Basketball 1sts and Women's Tennis 3rds competing in the Conference Cup finals in Dundee - let's go Saints! Represent. :-)
And yes, onto this week's Bulletins...
- Elections: If you haven't already, vote now. Click here to find a link to the voting page. Please circulate the word around your club membership!
- Kukri clothing for 2012/13: Just a reminder that Kukri will be here on Thursday 12th April to meet with and order any team playing kit required for next Academic Year. Please follow the embedded link to the Doodle Poll in order to book one half hour slot that's not already been taken(!) between 08:30 – 17:00pm to sort out your kit. If all slots are taken, and you would like to meet with Kukri, please email Elaine (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Blues & Colours Awards: Nominations are now open for Blues, Half Blues, Colours and Special Awards. Please follow the above link to the online form to complete the nominations for your club. Each club should complete the form once, and this should be done by the Captain and at least one other committee member. If you have already submitted a form but would like to change your nominations please contact Neil (email@example.com). The deadline for nominations is Friday 23rd March (week 7). Criteria for awards may be found attached to this email or on the CMP under General Info - Forms and Files. Special Awards, Blues and Half Blues will be presented at the Sports Ball on 24th May.
- Student Sport Development Manager: It's official - Pete Burgon has been appointed as the new Student Sport Development Manager. Pete will start on the 09/04/2012 and I trust you will all make him welcome to the team.
- Mid-season warm weather training: Many of you may have heard already, there are plans for a multi-sport mid-season warm weather training camp (proposed for the new year at Stellenbosch University Performance Sport Institute). If this is something that you or your club may be interested in, please come along to the a School II of Sallies Quad on Tuesday 10th April for more information.
- Winning Students grant: Individual athletes from any sport within the University may be eligible to apply for a Winning Students grant. Applications are currently open for 2012-13. To confirm your eligibility and to access the application form please follow the embedded link.
- Sainsbury's Sport Relief Mile: The University is again organising the Sainsbury's Sport Relief Mile on Sunday the 25th of March at the University Sport Centre. Sport Relief brings the entire nation together to get active, raise money and change lives for the better. To enter the St Andrews Mile visit the Sport Relief website and choose to do 1, 3 or 6 miles - which ever is a challenge for you. Get fit, have fun and raise money for a good cause.
- Sports Ball: We are excited to finally announce more details about the upcoming celebration of Saints Sport - the Sports Ball, to be held on Thursday 24th May 2012. You will all find an invitation in your club mailbox at the Sports Centre and should have already received an email with full information, including details for ticket sales NEXT THURSDAY. The evening will consist of a welcome drink and speech, 3 course dinner with wine, a short awards ceremony and ceilidh all at the Apex Hotel, Dundee, after which we will all head to Fat Sams nightclub to end the night. We hope you will join us to celebrate what has been an enjoyable and successful year for Saints-Sport!
That's all for another week - do enjoy the rest of the it, please do vote, and have a fantastic weekend.
Muchos Saints Sport love,