posted 12 Apr 2012, 11:51 by Ben Peddie
updated 12 Apr 2012, 11:53
Well back after what I hope has been a relaxing and cheerful Easter break :-) Anyone fancying shredding some Easter egg pounds is welcome at circuits (every Mon and Tues, 5-6pm).
Please take read through this week's Bulletin...
- Club Development Meetings: All clubs are invited to meet with the new Student Sport Development Manager as soon as possible to discuss the year ending, any plans for the year ahead and any issues that need raised. It would be useful if both incoming and outgoing committees could attend for a half hour; please select an appropriate slot on the attached doodle poll to book your place. We urge all clubs to sign up to a slot, and please remember that this is a compulsory component of the Club Excellence Programme.
- Kukri Club Meetings: Thanks to all clubs that met with Kukri today. Remember that if you haven't yet had a meeting, there will be another opportunity on Tuesday (17/04) - just sign up to a slot by following the embedded link above (we'll add more afternoon slots if the morning fills up...). Order deadline for the cheapest sea freight orders to be here by next academic year is 30/04.
- Compulsory Health and Safety Meeting: 24/04/2012, 17:00, Salad Bowl (Union top floor). Compulsory for Health & Safety Officers and Presidents/Club Captains. (this info is correct - apologies for the confusion on this one from the previous Bulletin...!).
- SVS Volunteering Awards (£100!): SVS (St Andrews Volunteer Service) is running awards this year for an individual volunteer of the year an also a group volunteer of the year (for sports), the prize for each is £100. **Deadline is tomorrow (13/04/2012)**. Follow the embedded link above and get your nominations in ASAP!
- New Accident Reporting Procedure: There is a new (easier) accident/incident/near miss reporting procedure in place, effective immediately. Accident/incident/near miss forms now only need to be submitted either electronically via this online form or by handing a paper copy in to reception at the Sports Centre (print copies of the form can be found at reception, in the AU Office, or downloaded from CMP under "forms and files"). This form should be filled in for any accident/incident/near misses which occur during your club training or games, regardless of where they occurred. This means at the Sports Centre, on the playing fields, at an away fixture, at one of the pools, on a trip, on a tour, or anywhere else where your club is active. Only one form needs to be submitted for each incident, the AU and DSE will share and deal with it after that.
- Exciting Summer Opportunities: ISSOS are looking for people with a sense of fun and adventure, a love of working with young people and a desire to have a great summer! ISSOS Counselors are responsible for the pastoral care of a group of 15 students ensuring their experience is fun and safe. Your responsibilities will include being a role model and the first point of contact for students, caring for their safety and wellbeing and organising activities. As a team of counselors you will organize all evening programs, which range from sporting activities to creative nights and have included talent shows, highland games and capture the flag. Counselors will also run and supervise cultural trips. All of our counselors must be enthusiastic, energetic, caring, have a good sense of fun and be able to connect with 13- 18 year olds. Full room and board is provided as well as a fixed payment. Please note all applicants will have to pass a full criminal background check, be at least 21 years of age and be fluent English speakers.
St. Andrews: 28th June – 16th August
Cambridge: 15th July – 9th August
For more information or to apply, please email a recent CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
That's all for now folks. I hope you all look forward to meeting Pete and having a productive end to a great year. And finally, just a friendly reminder not to forget to fill out the new club committees form by 20/04 to avoid the dreaded fines!
With muchos summer-y (fingers crossed!) Saints Sport love,
ps. check me out - a Bulletin out before 8pm...?!? Surely not! :p