posted 6 Oct 2011, 13:14 by Ben Peddie
updated 10 Oct 2011, 03:30
Hope you’re all settling nicely into the swing of semester 1.
Sorry for the length of the Bulletins this week. Please read on as there is some very important info…
- Transport: Please read the transport booking procedures document (available also from the Forms and Files section of the CMP). We have already had various issues through people not following this procedure so please ensure the club is familiar with it.
- Driving tests: Two new dates for the driving tests, they are 25th and 26th October. Please come by the AU Office to book onto one of these.
- Accident/Incident Report Form: Please note that if any accidents happen in training or matches, they need to be reported immediately using the accident report form found on the Forms and Files section of the CMP and handed into the AU Office (within one working day).
- Non-student club members: Remember that all non-student members of sports clubs must first be approved by the Athletic Union Exec. If you have any non-students, you must send their details to firstname.lastname@example.org in order for them to be approved. Please also note that AU’s student insurance policy does not cover external members (this will need to be made clear to them).
- First Aid Courses: There will be 4-hour Emergency First Aid Courses running at the following times. There are limited spaces available, please come to the Athletic Union office to sign up before Friday 14th October. The cost of the course is £30, payable by cash or cheque (made out to 'University of St Andrews'). You will be required to pay in the AU office at the time of sign up.
Health and safety/trips: All clubs are reminded to complete the necessary paperwork and submit it to Elaine (email@example.com) for all weekend trips organised by clubs (does not include matches). Any clubs who wish to tour during this academic year must also be passed by the Athletic Union. Please see the AU Domestic Travel Form and the travel section of the Form and Files page on the CMP.Official Kukri Saints Sport Clothing: If clubs/students want to order Saints Sport stash (Kukri), they can do so here!Facility Cancellations: Due to maintenance of the Sports Hall on Monday 7th November, all club bookings are cancelled on this day. This has been organised for Reading Week to minimise disruption. (booking cancellations form on Google Docs has been updated)Reffin Brilliant: Reffin Brilliant is a great opportunity for your club to gain qualified referees, fully funded by the Athletic Union. Dates: 04/11/2011 – 06/11/2011. Sports included: Football, Hockey, Netball, Rugby.Budo Show 2011: Interested in martial arts? Come and watch the University martial arts/sports clubs perform on stage! 12/10/2011Project Zambia: Fancy the volunteering opportunity of a lifetime? Project Zambia 2011/12 applications are now open!
- Sunday 16th October, 10am-2pm
- Monday 17th October, 6-10pm
That’s all for now folks, enjoy the rest of the week. Work hard, train hard, play hard!
With muchos Saints Sport love,