posted 9 May 2013, 12:20 by Ben Peddie
Hi Everyone, I write this to you from an office which oversees a sports hall now decked out with exam desks - a wonderful chance for you all to prove yourselves to the academia gods! On the plus side though.. exams finish in two weeks time... and Sports Ball is TWO WEEKS TODAY! OK on to the serious bulletin items:
1) Deadline list
Please see below the list of dates by which we expect clubs to submit all the various paperwork for next year. All of these items have been detailed in previous bulletins so look through your emails or on the CMP messages page to find out more information about each.
- Alumni Database - 10th May
- Transport Overspends - 10th May
- Saints Sport Newsletter contributions - 14th May
- Latest Club Constitution - 17th May
- End of Year Accounts - 17th May
- Safety Policy (including Equipment Inventory), we require both an electronic and signed copy - 17th May
- Facilities Request (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?fromEmail=true&formkey=dHpRZTJZNDM1X3M5N2dNZVYyX205OXc6MQ) - 17th May
- Copy of Club Account Changeover Form from the Bank - 17th May
- Club Guide Information Spreadsheet - 24th May
2) Pre-season Training 2013
Thank you to all the Clubs that have responded to the initial request for pre-season information. All clubs must complete the attached register detailing who will be attending. Please also provide the name and contact details for the person responsible for organising the club's pre-season activities - this person must be contactable over the summer. Please complete and return the attached register to Debby Sargent (email@example.com) at your earliest convenience.
Debby also needs to know what facilities you would like to request (days, times, facility) during the week (generally from Sunday 1st – Friday 6th September, unless requested otherwise by your Club).
And lastly please send through:
· your coach's availability
· a detailed estimate of the budget you wish to apply for (predominantly coaching, but could cover equipment, transport or other related expenses)
· any requests for transport should go through the usual AU transport channels
3) Kit for Zambia - want to get rid of you old sports equipment or clothing?
The Project Zambia team are collecting as much kit and clothing as they possibly can to take out to Zambia with them. It is very much needed and always greatly appreciated - old team kits, individual items, whatever you can muster! It doesn't matter at all if it's not in the best condition. Please drop anything you have off at the sports centre and we'll sort it all out. If you have any questions then please contact Laura Philpott on firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Saints Sport Newsletter - deadline 14th May
We want to make the final Saints Sport Newsletter bigger and better for the last edition of the year! Please submit news items and photographs to email@example.com
by the 14th May. Articles may be either results from recent events or a review of your club's year, no longer than 500 words.
5) Club Committees
Catriona is still waiting on a number of clubs to send her through their committee lists. If you haven't done this yet then please make sure you email firstname.lastname@example.org
with them as soon as possible.
Finally, a bit of inspiration for you all over the next two weeks:
"Don't quit. Suffer now and the live the rest of your life as a champion." Muhammad Ali
See you all soon - drop by the office to say hi after exams and to pick up your post from your pigeon holes!